Safety products for drill & blast operations in mining and quarrying.
Solar-charged safety beacon AKA solar flasher
High-visibility LED safety beacons that recharge under any light source can be used to define areas where caution or authorized access is required. Designed to fit most commonly available traffic cones. Capable of flashing for three nights on a full charge, each weatherproof beacon contains four LEDs (visibility ~400m), powered by a 1.2V – 2200mA solar-rechargeable battery.
- Visible approximately 400m at night
- Optimised flash rate for extended operation on full solar charge
- Will charge under any light source including fluorescent strip lighting
- Available in red, amber, green, blue & white colour
- Reflective tape indicates colour & provides extra visibility at night
- Sealed battery compartment within beacon base spigot (Ø30mm x 60mm) that fits most common traffic cones and blasting sign
- Suited to traffic cone mount or 50mm PN9 mounting for plastic pipes
|4-SWLAMB||LED solar light AMBER||20|
|4-SWLBLU||LED solar light BLUE||20|
|4-SWLGRN||LED solar light GREEN||20|
|4-SWLRED||LED solar light RED||20|
|4-JW076W||LED solar light WHITE||20|
Pyramid mine area signs
Generally supplied with custom decal printed on reflective material on each face, and hole in top for solar flasher.
Heavy-duty plastic polyurethane signage to delineate drilling and mining areas, and areas of restricted access.
(H x W x D) – 900 x 900 x 800mm
EcoCone blast area cones
EcoCone sets a new standard in blast area cones. EcoCone is comprised of two parts: the cone stem; the cone base. More than 50% of the EcoCone is made of recycled materials. Both elements can be recycled again if the cone is damaged or destroyed. This saves money and lowers environmental impact of the cones.
NOTE: With PVC cones, PVC can be difficult to recycle given the presence in certain formulations of additives & dioxin, and it is not naturally biodegradable or degradable.
The cone stem is manufactured from low density polyethylene (LDPE), which provides superior hot & cold weather performance and increases the life span of EcoCone when compared to PVC Cones. Even in the hottest weather, EcoCone stands tall and vertical. No more soft and sagging cones in hot weather! EcoCone provides long term durability with excellent colour retention through the use of UV Stabilizers and low density polyethylene plastic.
The cone base is manufactured from 100% recycled rubber, is extremely durable & completely recyclable.
EcoCone has an easy to grip handle that facilitates quick deployment and retrieval. The grove makes tying off caution tape quick and easy. With 80% of the cone weight located in the base (compared to about 60% with PVC cones) the topple angle is almost doubled to about 80o off vertical (compared to about 45o in PVC cone equivalent) – excellent in high wind totally exposed environments.
Prismatic Cone Sleeves
Our prismatic reflective cone sleeves conform to AS/NZS 1906.1:2017 Class 1, providing outstanding visbility, alerting crews faster and earlier, day or night. Our sleeves are durable PVC diamond-grade highly retro-reflective, micro-prismatic material that is non-corroding with excellent weather resistance.
We stock the highly popular colors of WHITE and RED.
Retractable Blast Area Barrier Bar
Designed to fit over two traffic cones, block off mining areas twice as quickly as the standard 2100mm versions available. End loop has a 80mm diameter, allowing for use on any sized cone.
- Bar is extendable from 2700mm to 4700mm and is 40mm in diameter.
- Cordon off larger areas with half the number of cones and labour compared the the standard barrier bar.
- Lightweight (1.3kg), portable and can be easily stored when not in use.
- Available in black with yellow reflective stripes, or white with red reflective stripes.
Blast area flag bunting
An alternative to barricade tape, blast area flag bunting is a reusable option. Fitted with generously sized polyethylene flags that are double-stitched to the tether to improve durability. Available in red & white alternate flags – an industry-accepted standard (red-only available on request). Fitted with prismatic material that is bonded to the tether the flags are double-stitched to, to achieve visibility similar to hi-vis clothing that complies with Australian/New Zealand Standard ‘AS/NZS4602-1999 Class D/N for day & night use‘. Offered in 500m bulk box for entire blast area demarcation.
Our blast area flag bunting has one of the highest surface areas of reflective material of any alternative products available, making it possibly one of the safest on the market.
A neck gaiter is an article of clothing worn about the neck for warmth, protection from UV rays, and protection from airborne dust & insects. It is a closed tube of fabric of synthetic wicking material, which is slipped on and off over the head. It can also be pulled up over the mouth. Oresome Products neck gaiters are imported from USA, are machine washable, and have reflective element for hi visibility at day or night (while stock lasts – manufacturer has ceased making the reflective band version).
Woodscan Hornet v2.0 rechargeable air horn
Hornet hand-held rechargeable air horn by WoodsCan is the most reliable, cost effective, safest and most environmentally friendly signalling devise of its kind. Powered by a 14V Lithium Ion (Li-ion) battery that can be recharged off mains supply or from the 12VDC outlet in most vehicles. Will deliver over 2,000 one-second burst of 120 dB (A) signalling power from a single charge. Average battery charge time is 30 minutes. The perfect product for signalling blasting in mining & quarrying operations.
- Consistent +120 dB (A) signalling power across any weather condition.
- Lowest life-cycle cost in this product category.
- No safety issues related pressurised aerosol cans inside refrigerant-gas powered alternatives, such as storage in light vehicles in hot weather or the safe disposal of used cans.
- Not subject to Australian Dangerous Goods Code (ADGC) regulation for transport, storage & handling.
- Can be recharged in the field (spare batteries available as well).
The set is in a heavy-duty foam-lined carry case with two (2) horns. battery chargers (240VAC & 12VDC) and battery charge meter.